Friday, December 16, 2011

We Have a Picky One...

Something happened last week. Aside from Nate turning 1 I mean. He also became a picky eater. One day he ate everything I offered, and with gusto. The next he was pursing his lips and turning his head, a big fat "no thank you mama" from a pre-talker. Nice. What's a girl to do with a newly picky eater? I have no experience with this, my sister and I ate everything, including raw garlic (ahem, Erica).

But, Nate had decided he will eat bread and fruit, and some dairy products but only a bit. Awesome. Vegetables? Nope. The lentil soup he used to snarf down as quickly as I could shovel it in? No. Ditto for the spaghetti and meat sauce he used to love. sad. I love to cook and he will no longer eat what I prepare (except for the bread which I make).

Thank goodness for those pouches of organic babyfood. Brands like HappyBaby, Ella's Kitchen, Plum Organics and Sprout. They know how to hide the veggies in a way that even this picky eater will eat them. Broccoli? No problem as long as it's hidden in pears from Happy Baby. When mommy makes it he combs it off his tongue with his fingers. Really, he does that.

So, lucky for me Plum Organics pouches are on sale at Diapers.com, buy one get one free. It's a really good deal for good organic food in pouches that are made without all those scary materials (BPA, Phalates, etc). Use code PLUMGIFT.

No comments:

Post a Comment