Tuesday, January 10, 2012

All by myself!

Somehow almost a month has gone by, we haven't gone anywhere and yet life gets in the way. Greg finished his Phd, that was incredibly exciting and such a relief, and then we had a little staycation, very relaxing. And even with all the sales all over the place, no shopping was done by us. Although I did just go to New York all by MYSELF last week. Yup, I left the babe with daddy and grandma and grandpa and flew the coop for the first time. It seems like a great time was had by all. In fact I'm not so convinced Nate noticed I was gone, or I suppose he had to notice but he didn't care too much, which is a good outcome. Now I know I can leave him occasionally and all will be well.

I tried to do a little shopping for myself while I was away, but all I really wanted to do was eat and drink (my first margarita in over 2 years I think! Pumping and dumping was a good thing) although I stopped into an Ann Taylor while waiting for friends and ended up buying a couple of sweaters that were ridiculously on sale - I highly recommend getting over to one those stores and seeing if there is anything you like. I bought a cowlneck sleeveless tunic sweater for $9.99 and I've pretty much worn it every day since I got back, so you know, cost per wear is going to be nothing very soon...I can't rip the photo from their site so click here to see it. It's longer on me than the model (no surprise there) and looks great with skinny or straight leg jeans and I've worn both black and brightly colored long sleeved tees underneath and it looks nice either way.

Aside from my sweater, I've been thinking about kids hats yet again because Nate tossed his out of his stroller the evening before I left and I didn't notice until later, once I went out to look for it it was long gone. I immediately ordered that Hanna Andersson hat I posted recently, and yesterday I found these -



 I found them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment