Monday, March 14, 2011

New Maternity Line

It's been a while, but I'm trying to make more of an effort to do things I want/need to do for myself. I'm sure all the moms reading this can relate. Somehow the days go by and very little that I wanted to do has been accomplished.

I thought I'd start back by writing about a new line of maternity clothes that look nice - Boden has added Maternity to their lineup! There aren't so many pieces, but the ones they have look very pretty and useful, like this drapey top -

Elegant Drapey Top


It comes in several colors, including a beautiful pink. That's definitely the color I would reach for, it's a great way to brighten up an outfit for Spring, particularly if you are sticking with basics for bottoms (like blue denim, black pants, etc). That was my philosophy for building a maternity wardrobe.

They also have this adorable basic tee -

Everyday Tee

It comes in basic colors as well as the super trendy navy/white stripe shown here. The tops aren't exactly cheap, but I found that buying cheap, while it sounds good, never worked out for me. I never liked the cheap pieces so I never wore them - they didn't hold up, didn't feel good on and just didn't look good.  I preferred to buy less stuff, but make sure they were good quality and looked good on me. And while it's true that by the end of the pregnancy you might be fantasizing of burning those pieces, you will have gotten a ton of wear out of them that makes them worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment